Beauty Rules. Every girls got her favorites. Here are my Top 5 Beauty Rules!
1. Removing Makeup- It is vital to use a good makeup remover and most importantly to remove makeup before bed! I sometimes break this rule if I have had a cocktail or two and hit the sheets quickly or if I’m just plain lazy. Don’t lie, you have too! A cleanser will not remove all the dirt, oil, and makeup from the day. I like to remove my makeup first with a wipe and then cleanse the skin. There are so many makeup remover products out there but I prefer to use Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes from Target. These face wipes contain no perfumes, dyes or harsh irritants so they are great for sensitive skin. They remove even the heaviest eye makeup and leave skin feeling soft.
Super Tip: Never pull or tug at your eye or under eye area when washing or moisturizing. This can loosen the skin and cause under eye bags. Instead carefully wipe or dab this area to prevent signs of aging early!
2. Moisturize- We’ve all heard this! I think some people make the mistake of not moisturizing because they feel it will cause excessive oil, but this is the biggest myth out there! My face sometimes feels like an oil slick, gross I know, but I still moisturize morning and night. Also make sure to pick a moisturizer that accommodates to your skin type and age. I am hitting my 30’s and I never thought I would be so worried about wrinkles but the struggle is real!
Super Tip: Don’t be afraid to switch up your moisturizing routine! The season changes can cause our skin to react in different ways causing more dryness or oiliness. It may take a time or two to find the right combo but your skin will thank you!
3. Take care of those Lips- I was such violator of this rule for so long until I realized my cracked lips were so not cute. I am a sun lover and spend a lot of time on our boat on the lake. The dryness was taking over my precious pout so I had to pay extra attention. I can say now that applying a lip balm right before I start my makeup each day has had an amazing affect on my lips. I just make it part of my routine and it’s been a lifesaver!
Super Tip: Right before you start your makeup for the day, apply lip balm. It preps the lips and by the time you are ready to apply lipstick or lipgloss, you will have soft supple smackers!
4. Coconut Oil- This is probably the most heaven sent best kept secret. I learned about Coconut Oil when a friend of mine recommended using it as moisturizer. I decided to research the benefits of Coconut oil and found that there are so many unique ways to use this stuff! Its natural too, and for the people out there that want natural remedies this is your answer!
Super Tip: Apply to cuts or scrapes and it forms a thin, chemical layer that helps speed up the healing process and protects wound from dust, bacteria and virus. It is also one of the most nutritious products you can put on your hair. Massage a bit of the oil onto your scalp and presto-no more dandruff.
5. Eat Clean- Okay, okay before you stop reading, hear me out. I am a lover of beer, tacos, pasta, and fries, true story. But I know it’s not realistic for me to have all of these things on a regular. Not to mention I see a huge change in my skin when my diet isn’t up to par. Now does this mean to give up your favorite sweets or snacks? Hell no! Life is short and we all need a little chili cheese fries every once in a while. But it’s so important to have BALANCE people. The more food you eat that is from the earth and not processed, the better. It is proven that a healthy diet and plenty of water improve skin, hair growth and overall body health. So to look your best and have glowing fabulous skin, feed your body the good stuff.
Super Tip: Pre-make your lunches and healthy snacks during the work week. That way you can make healthy choices and avoid fast food. Also, always carry a water bottle with you every day and fill up at least 4 times during the day. Add some lemon or berries to give it flavor!
Hope you liked my Beauty Rules! Please leave a comment below with your thoughts or your favorite Beauty Rules and SHARE with a friend!