Poached Egg Veggie Burger
1 organic cage free Egg
Power Greens Blend (spinach, arugula)
Dr. Praegers California Veggie Burger
Everything But The Bagel Seasoning
1. Bring 2-4 inches of water to a low simmer/boil in a pan. Crack egg into a small dish and add to the water gently. Allow to cook for about 3 minutes so the egg inside is runny. When done, remove with a big spoon and carefully dry with paper towel.
2. Cook Veggie Patty in coconut oil in a skillet for about 5 minutes and flip. Cook for another 5-6 minutes or until cooked all the way through and brown on both sides.
3. Add Power Green mix over the top of the patty and then your egg. Add avocado over the top or guacamole (whichever you prefer) and sprinkle with any seasoning you like. I used Everything But The Bagel Seasoning from Trader Joes. I also add some hot sauce too!!
- This is as DELICIOUS as it looks, I promise! If you want to add even more protein to this meal, I sometimes add Hemp Heart Seeds to the top. The poached egg is definitely the star of the show but the veggie burger has just enough crunch and flavor to take it to the next level. So much yummy in one dish!
Protein Berry Bowl
Dairy Free – Gluten Free
Almond Milk Vanilla Yogurt ( can use Coconut Milk Yogurt or regular)
Organic Vegan Protein Powder – 1 scoop
Natures Path Hemp Hearts Granola – 1/4 cup
Fresh Berries – 1/3 cup
1. Add scoop of protein powder to yogurt and mix until powder is dissolved and has a creamy consistency. Add Granola and Berries and scarf it down!!
- I love this for breakfast when I know I am going to have an intense workout session and need some carbs for the energy. I also love this on the days when your girl is hunggggrryyy and craving sweets. Which is often.
Almond Butter & Banana Paleo Pancakes
Birch Benders Paleo Pancake Mix – 3/4 Cup (6-7 pancakes)
Water – 2/3 cup
Organic Bananas – about 2 (1 serving)
Almond Butter (you can use any kind you prefer – I use real almond butter from machine at Fred Meyer that is made fresh)
Vegan Butter – 2 tbsps
- Heat a griddle or skillet to medium-high heat. The pan is hot enough when flecks of water sizzle off quickly after contact. If using a cast iron pan, keep an eye on your heat as the pan will hold heat well and you may need to turn down your burner over time.
- Lightly grease pan – I like to use about a tablespoon or two of vegan butter.
- Combine Paleo Pancake Mix and water, cinnamon, and fold in bananas.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop batter into pan, one or two pancakes at a time, depending on the size of your pan.
- Cook until bubbles have formed and popped, and sides are mostly dry.
- Turn once, cook one additional minute until golden brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Spread Almond Butter over the top and add slices of banana. Drizzle Raw Honey over the top to finish.
- This is the perfect weekend treat when you want a sweet and savory but healthy meal. Ugh this is sooooo delish. I love a hot cup of coffee with this meal to jumpstart my day and give me energy all the while satisfying my palate. Your tastebuds will be thanking you.