Brown Sugar Green Beans with Bacon
2 lbs fresh green beans, ends trimmed
4-6 strips of bacon, chopped (may sub turkey bacon)
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 tbs dijon mustard
1 tbs minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
- Place beans in large pot and cover beans with water. Cover pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil until beans are tender, but not soggy (they are going to get cooked a bit longer later on so you don’t want them overcooked at this point, just so they can be easily pierced with a fork)
- Drain pot and rinse beans in cold water, set aside.
- In skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes until fully cooked but not yet crispy.
- Add brown sugar, dijon mustard, and garlic to the pan and stir until all ingredients are combined. Add green beans and continue to stir until sauce is bubbly and green beans are thoroughly coated in the sauce (4-6 minutes)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
- Recipe from cookingclassy.com
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
1 Bag cranberries, rinsed
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (if you have the time, which I don’t) I use store bought OJ
1/2 granulated sugar
1/2 cup light-brown sugar
1 tsp orange zest
- In a medium sauce-pan set over medium-high heat, whisk together water, OJ, granulated sugar, light-brown sugar and orange zest. Bring mixture to a boil then carefully pour in cranberries and reduce heat to simmer. Allow mixture to simmer about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cranberries have popped (the skin on the cranberries will burst and it will release the juices and pulp (yummo) Allow mixture to cool about 20 – 30 minutes. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container.
*Super Yummy as leftover spread for Turkey Sandwiches!
- Recipe from lecremedelacrumb.com
Mini Garlic Monkey Bread
2 7.5 oz cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
6 tbs Butter
4 cloves garlic (minced)
2 tbs dried parsley
1/4 cut grated parmesan cheese ( plus a little extra for garnishing)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- With a knife, cut each biscuit into quarters and place in a bowl. Add the butter, garlic, parsley, and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese. Pour mixture over biscuit pieces and gently toss together until everything is evenly coated.
- Place 4 to 5 biscuit pieces in each muffin cup. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.
- Recipe from thegirlwhoateeverything.com